Oxford Archaeology is a registered charity, no. 285627, and a Private Limited Company registered in England, no. 1618597.
On this page you can find out about our policies about personal data, privacy, accessibility, and terms and conditions of use of this website and the information it contains.
- When you voluntarily provide it to us through forms or inquiries, we collect contact information, such as your name, email address, and phone number.
- Through Google Analytics, we collect non-personally-identifying website usage data, including general location, browser types, referring pages, and time spent on our site, collected through cookies and similar technologies. This information is used to analyse trends, administer the site, and track user movement to improve the website and your experience.
Use of Information
We use the personal information we collect for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries or provide the services you request.
- To improve our website, products, and services based on your feedback.
- To send you newsletters if you have opted to receive them. You can unsubscribe from these communications at any time.
- To analyse website usage patterns and trends to enhance user experience and improve our website's performance.
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, or alteration. We regularly review and update our data security measures.
Data Sharing and Third Parties
We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to third parties. However, we may share your information with trusted service providers who assist us in operating our website or providing services to you. These third parties are bound by confidentiality obligations and are prohibited from using your personal information for any other purposes.
Links to External Websites
Our website may contain links to third-party websites for your convenience or reference. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those websites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those sites upon visiting them.
You have the right to access, correct, update, or delete your personal information held by us. If you would like to exercise any of these rights or have any concerns about your personal data, please contact us through the Contact page.
At Oxford Archaeology, we are committed to ensuring accessibility for as many people as possible. We strive to make our website www.oxfordarchaeology.com accessible to all users, regardless of disabilities or impairments.
We have implemented various accessibility features to enhance user experience:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA, TalkBack and VoiceOver)
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using just a mouse and on-screen keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
We are continuously working to improve the accessibility of our website. This includes regular updates to ensure the Oxford Archaeology website is compliant with the latest guidelines.
By continuing to browse and utilise this site, you are agreeing to comply with the following terms and conditions of use. If you have any objections to any aspect of these terms and conditions, we kindly request that you refrain from using our website.
- Access to our site is granted on a temporary basis, and we retain the right to suspend or modify the services offered on our site without prior notice. We shall not be held responsible if our site becomes unavailable at any time or for any duration, for any reason.
- We aim to maintain regular updates on our site and have the flexibility to modify its content at any given time. Please note that any material found on our site may be outdated at a particular moment, and we are not obliged to update such material.
- The information provided on the pages of this website is intended for general informational purposes and personal use. It is subject to modification without prior notice.
- All intellectual property rights, including copyright, in our site and the material published on it, unless explicitly stated otherwise, are owned by or are licensed to Oxford Archaeology Ltd. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All rights pertaining to these works are reserved. Oxford Archaeology's status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
At Oxford Archaeology we take our data protection obligations seriously. The company processes HR-related personal data in accordance with the following data protection principles to meet these obligations:
- OA processes personal data lawfully, fairly and is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses the personal data of its workforce.
- OA collects personal data only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
- OA processes personal data only where it is adequate, relevant, and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of processing.
- OA keeps accurate personal data and takes all reasonable steps to ensure that inaccurate personal data is rectified or deleted without delay.
- OA keeps personal data only for the period necessary for processing.
- OA has internal policies and controls in place to protect personal data against loss, accidental destruction, misuse, or disclosure, and to ensure that data is not accessed, except by employees in the proper performance of their duties.