Educating and informing the public about archaeological discoveries is an important component of our work at Oxford Archaeology. Staff lecture and give presentations to schools, universities, local history and archaeology groups, and as part of outreach programmes, such as Jigsaw Cambridgeshire. We also give public presentations to the heritage and archaeology sector.
National and regional bodies at which public lectures have recently been given include:
- Ashmolean Museum
- Chartered Institute for Archaeologists conferences
- Council for British Archaeology
- Council for British Archaeology East
- Oxford University Dept Continuing Education
- Oxford Preservation Trust
- Reading University
- Storey Institute, Lancaster
- Study Group for Roman Pottery
- Vivacity, Peterborough
We also give a wide range of talks to local history, archaeology, and other voluntary groups.
COVID-19 UPDATE - July 2020